Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sparring match....

"Blessings 1, 2, and 3, meet Frustrations 1, 2, and 3.....
bow to your opponent
let the fight begin."

For some reason, good happenings and bad happenings just can't seem to get along together in my life so they come in waves. Good things in threes, bad things in threes. This week's last layer of bad things just iced the cake. I thought....after 7 long years of not having a license for various reasons I'd be able to take my scheduled road test today and be done with it. My dad drove down from Canada in my sister's car, picked me up from work, we went to the DOL, the examiner started checking my stop response, hand signals, signal lights, break lights......yep. STUPID RIGHT REAR BREAK LIGHT WAS OUT!!!!!!! ARGH! BAH! Lame. I had to reschedule for two weeks from now (earliest slot open). How many times have I been to this DOL since I moved down here? This is the fourth...let's hope the fifth time is the last time I'll have to see that place for a long time. On top of that, some miscommunication put a wrench in getting the car this month. So it's not going to happen until November now. I would mention the other frustration, but that's of a confidential nature, so sorry, but I can't tell you all everything that happens in my life :)

You want to know why it's all happening in the same week? I think I figured it out. This Sunday's Life Night is on the Mass and the Eucharist. What better time to put the Youth Minister in a crappy mood, but the one week that we're talking about the single most important part of the Catholic Faith right? You suck Satan. Sunday is going to rock. These teens are going to love Jesus. You lose in the end devil. Grrr..... Kick his butt guardian angel!

UIOGD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending you prayers and happy thoughts...remember that the harder your attacked the more important the message! Wtih God and St. Michael on your side, Satan doesn't stand a chance!