Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Favorites around here

I met some new people tonight that are new to our area. They're friends of a friend and they came to Rosaruck. In conversation this evening we brought up several cool things in our area that I'd like to pass on. There are a lot of local treasures around here!


Alleluia Catholic Store!!
This is a really great Catholic Store. Every time I go here I can't help but spend at least an hour parousing everything. They always have new and exciting stuff! I just found out recently that they also have Catholic DVD rentals!! Woohoo!

Spotted Cow
We go to the one at Mill Creek Town Center. This is my favorite local spot for gelato and ice cream. They make their own gelato and ice cream and they come up with really creative flavors! All very good. They have some great sandwiches and other stuff too. They have local art on their walls, local wines, a variety of local merchandise on the bookcase at the entrance, a great coffee house feel, a kid friendly play area, host local musicians, free wifi, it's just a great place to hang out. Oh yeah and they have coffee (I've become a Mystic Monk coffee snob, so I haven't tried the Spotted Cow Coffees yet).

Nirvana Kebab and Curry
This place is a couple of blocks from where we live. Great indian and mediterranean food and absolutely wonderful customer service. We often have to order take out because we don't want Clare to start whining, squirming, screaming while we're in the restaurant, but when we get there we're seated at the special take out waiting couch and coffe table, given complimentary chai and very well taken care of. This guy is also a very experienced chef. The service at this restaurant is really great.

San Miguel Grill
17917 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA
(425) 481-7870‎
There's no website for it. It's attached to a Mexican Store called "El Paso". It's got a really homey feel and has great food. It tastes like it was made with love by a relative who loves cooking! Good variety and better prices than the chain Mexican restaurants. And hey, who doesn't like a restaurant that has St. Michael as it's patron!?

Everything Tea
I'm a huge tea drinker so I was really excited to find this place! Not only is it in the very cute historic town of Snohomish, but it's loaded with hundreds of types of tea and tea accessories!! They scored points because they had my favorite type, "Monks Blend". A few other good teas I've tried are the creme caramel and Canadian Ice Wine Tea. Make sure to spend some time wandering around Snohomish. There are a ton of antique shops and a huge antique mall that's fun to poke around.

Country Village
This village has a lot of really cute shops, a small park like area with a stage, chickens that roam around, a children's train, and is just a neat place. One of my favorite shops is
Toys that Teach
The Whitehouse Antique and Candy Shoppe is also lots of fun. They have all the candies you loved when you were little but may have forgotten about.

Trader Joe's!
I know Trader Joe's isn't really local, but there's one around here and it's great. I love getting organic produce, good specialty foods and wines at low prices. It's just a great store to have around.

Aca Las Tortas
This place used to be a taco truck, but now it's inside a convenience store on 164th street across from Martha Lake park. Cheap, good, real Mexican.....I think.

Mayuri Indian Cuisine
Great Indian Food. Nicer dining atmosphere. Great Samosas and homemade mango ice cream!!

Thai Bistro
I don't know if this is locally owned or a chain, but they have great thai food, great service, elegant decor, and reasonable prices. This is the best thai food around here in my opinion.

Himitsu Teriyaki
20806 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA
(425) 483-2152‎
Again, I don't know if this is locally owned. They have great sushi, teriyaki, etc. Really nice lady who runs the shop. Everything tastes fresh and it's fast.


That's all I have at the moment. I'm sure we'll add more as time goes on. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great list - you got me all excited about Everything Tea last Tuesday. I'm such a tea junkie,I'm going to have to find a time to check it out :)