Friday, May 26, 2006

Val the nomad tells stories of the haunted chapel.

This weekend I'm in Olympia. Man that was a creepy Greyhound ride. The Seattle Greyhound station was scary, the Tacoma one was scary too, and the Olympia one wouldn't have been so scary except that I was there at 10:30ish. But now I'm at Nausheen's house for the weekend. It's been a long time since we've hung out so I'm excited to be here for the long weekend! This afternoon I'm going to the mosque with her to see what their Friday prayers are like, should be interesting. It's so great to be around her family, I love hearing that Indian accent!

Now for my own spiritual stuff. It is soooo difficult to do night prayers. I guess the fatigue is beginning to catch up with me. I've been really thankful these past few weeks for some spiritual support on staff. Just having that one extra staff member out there who is a solid Catholic has made a huge difference. This however is a big deal in the spiritual realm. Ie-Satan does not like what is going on at this Catholic Camp! Soo...yay and watch out! We've been having some very strange things happen outside around the chapel. By very strange I mean frightening and unholy. I usually go up to the Chapel on site for night prayers around 10:30 or 11:00pm. This chapel is a beautiful building. There are lots of windows, it's in the middle of the forest. Just beautiful, but scary as all heck at night in the dark. Actually, the chapel itself is not scary in the dark, whatever is outside is scary. There's something that circles the chapel when you're in there and something that definately does not want devout prayers to go on inside. So yeah...that's all I can really describe without getting into too many details. This however just strengthens my resolve to go pray there more! Stupid demons. I should ask Fr. Abbot to come down and do an exorcism on the chapel. I talked to a friend about what might be going on and he said to look for strange things around the chapel. You know, like weirdo pagan stuff like pictures of idols or symbols or something. I didn't really find anything, but there's this one thing that I want to check out. Anyone heard of a labyrinth before? Yeah there's one of those in front. I'm going to have to do some internet research.

UIOGD

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do have your st. benedict crucifix/medal with you at all times right?

Seminarian said...

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one who was scared to go up there to the chapel at night. Pagan Stuff? That labrynth would be my guess too! HAHA.

Anonymous said...

Hey just so you know that "labrynth" is called a kyros (sp?). One of the priests who came out to say Mass told me about it. It's used for prayer and meditation, the phrase centering prayer comes to mind. As far as I know it doesn't have an association with paganism (at least not on purpose). I'm not 100% sure about the word Kyros (sp?), but I do know that some of the Catholic High Schools in the area named their "SEARCH style" retreat after it. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. You might want to make sure none of your staff brought anything to camp that could be conjuring evil spirits. One summer I had to sprinkle a Ouija board with Holy Water.

Blessings,

Janet

Val said...

I actually sent my St. Benedict crucifix on a pilgrimmage with my friend Joe to Monte Cassino to get rubbed on St. Benedict's tomb. But I still have another smaller blessed medal.

Seminarian said...

Oh, This is awesome-

Janet. The word is Kairos, and its Greek, meaning "Time" or "Season." (Pretty Pagan sounding themes if you ask me..but I can't say for sure)

Pyrosapien said...

Here is an article from the website "catholic culture" relating to spiritual practices that incorporate mazes and labyrinths.

(Labyrinths & Mazes)