Wednesday, September 13, 2006

God provides!!!

Okay, time to take a break from the madness. So this Sunday coming up is my first Youth Group night. CRAZY!! It also just so happens that I have a bazillion meetings this week, but it's cool. No sweat. I've got God. I mean honestly check this out...
Here's just a little more evidence of God being incredible in my life.
So I've been needing a car for the last month or so. It's been kinda crazy asking for rides when I'm in a job like this. So my super sweet/angelic/replacement grandma of a landlady and her nice friends have been praying really hard that someone will just give me a car. So anyways....about two weeks ago my priest/boss tells me that some woman wanted to talk to me about the car ad that was in our Church bulletin. So I called her and we played phone tag back and forth for a bit. I finally got a chance to talk to her on Sunday and here's what the conversation went like:
Lady x "So what exactly are you looking for?"
me "something within my price range, no more than $3000 and something that I can drive, not a stick shift."
Lady x "Oh well, this is a stick."
me "Oh that's okay, thanks for calling me anyways"
Lady x "well wait just a sec, will you listen to what I have to tell you first?"
me "sure of course."
Lady x "It's a 1995 volkswagen jetta, 111 000 miles, it just got a tune up, it runs great, just a broken windshield washer motor, which will probably cost around $400 to fix."
me "Sounds like a good car, what are you asking for it?"
Lady x "well that's the thing, I was going to give it to you."
Yeah....pretty much. So God found me a car. I'm just going to have to learn stick shift now. But seriously, how awesome is that? Yeesh! Honestly, I'm constantly humbled, because there's no way I deserve to be blessed like this. God is so amazing. So here I am, I'm working for the Church. God provided me with a fabulous place to live an hour before I left for St. Walburga's which was exactly what I could afford at the time. He's given me an amazing working environment full of generous God-fearing and really lovable people, I have found the love of my life, and now I have a free car. Seriously? I must be dreaming. I'd better keep praying because this is just ridiculous. Anywhoo, thought I'd share that story with you. Any prayers for my youth group which is starting up this week would be greatly appreciated. Looks like it's going to be a fabulous year. Lots of apologetics and lots of fun!
UIOGD

5 comments:

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Excellent Truths! Visit www.soulpants.org and www.prayershake.blogspot.com

We are intercessoyr Prayer Missionaries who were from Seattle but recently relocated to KC Missouri. Love St. Claire, Teres of Avilia, and St. John of the Cross.

young-philothea said...

Donne and I was reading this when we were at the lounge. that's awesome val! wow free car! hey since you're prayers are really loud up there, continue praying for us too! thank you! aww we miss you, one day we'll visit you, oh but wait you have a car now so you can visit us!

Anonymous said...

These friggin rock. Val and a network of miracles. Say a prayer to St. Jude for "Anonymous!" :-) God Bless you!

ButterPeanut said...

wow, that's REALLY awesome.

almost anonymous said...

WOW that is amazing :)

(err..i'm almost anonymous, not to be confused with 'Anonymous', above)