Thursday, March 01, 2007

Patron Saint of snow?

Snow, really? Stop already. This is ridiculous. Spring is supposed to happen in March, not Winter's sequel.

Well my first attempt driving in the snow was not so successful, though I didn't put myself in a ditch which means I wasn't a total failure. I tried to go up the usual hill I go up every morning, but started skidding right away and slid backwards a little bit. Thankfully there was no one around so I backed down the hill. When I tried to go forward in the direction of my house I again had no traction and had to go heavy on the gas before anything moved....bad noises, poor engine. So I kind of slid back into my driveway. Both of the roads I could take to get to the main hwy to get off the Island were iced over. Not good for me. Bah. Time to invest in some chains..... Is there a patron saint of snow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, but heres a tip get some sad bags to put in the back of your truck. It helps alot.