Monday, April 16, 2007

Engaged!!! The story....

Yep that's right! Engaged!!! Woohoo!! God is so good.

April 14th - Saturday in the Octave of Easter.

Okay so I can't say I was completely suprized, but it was still a surprize. Let's just say Jon's been really secretive, but I like to speculate. We were planning out what to do for the weekend and Jon seemed unusually insistent that we go to adoration in the morning rather than in the afternoon when it worked better. So I said, okay we can go to daily mass and then adoration afterwards on Saturday morning. (at this point I was a tad suspicious).

We went to daily mass, then we thought that the sanctuary would empty out a bit so we could say the rosary in front of the tabernacle, but there was a whole bunch of old ladies in the church that started the rosary so we stayed and prayed with them, then we prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

After that we left the church. While we were walking towards the car I thought, "Oh well, I guess it won't be today." Because I thought he would propose in the sanctuary. So we got to the car and he opened the door for me and on the seat was a teddy bear with the words "Marry Me" on the stomach. I believe I said something like "How did that get there? That wasn't there before we left for mass." Then I turned around and Jon got down on one knee and said something like... "It's become apparent to me that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and that you are the one with whom I want to walk to Christ. Val will you marry me?" And...no I did not cry. But I was really really excited, and of course I said, "Yes!!"

As it turns out, my mom was in on the whole thing. He gave my mom a key to his car and she brought the teddy bear while we were inside at Mass. She also had all my aunts and uncles and Joy and Peter come over for lunch as a surprise to all of them. Joy and Peter's reactions were great! And ladies, here's the picture of the ring. Jon did a good job :)
Jon and I and the "Marry Me" bear.



Yay!! Engaged!!! This is so surreal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats I am so glad for you.

The Mallahan Family said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!

kris said...

...you are the one with whom I want to walk to Christ...wow what an absolutely beautiful proposal. God bless you both! I'm glad I stopped by to read your blog today.

Antonia said...

Congratulations! First time to your blog: my prayers for both of you :)

shelley said...

congratulations!! i will be praying for you as you continue your walk...together! ♥

young-philothea said...

Congratulations!! I'm soo happy for both of you! i'm continuing to pray for both you!! YAY!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Val! Adam Flami told me you guys got engaged, congrats!!!! :) We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

God bless, Bekah & Chris

Unknown said...

so....have you set a date?!!!!