Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday

Last Friday was my birthday!
My husband once again surprised me with a cool get together bbq at Meadowdale Beach park on Thursday. It was a small gathering but loads of fun. We got a workout hiking back up from the beach though. Man that incline where the stairs are is brutal!!

The next day (my actual birthday) we drove up to Canada and caught the last half (Silly Everett traffic) of the Mass of the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart then went to get Pho with my parents.

On Saturday I had an awesome BBQ in my parent's back yard with the family and some friends. Clare got to play with her cousins and her friend Seher and we all ate lots of great Filipino food that Mom and Dad made too much of. :)

Sunday and Father's Day we went to Mass then headed straight down to be with Jon's family for Father's Day dinner. Lots of travelling!

On Thursday someone at the bbq asked me what year # 25 was like. I didn't say too much besides, "pretty cool" but I've been thinking more about that.

What a blessing my 25th year was!

I...
...went to Australia for World Youth Day
...had my first child
...transitioned from work to being a stay at home mom
...my best friend Annie got married and I got to be her maid of honor
...learned how to make all sorts of things (spa stuff, cool jewelry, pretzels, naan, all sorts of bread stuff, butter chicken, much more)
...went to Eastern Washington for the first time
...celebrated my first Mother's Day
...am learning to practice the Little Way every day
...helped out with Theology of the body at another parish
...paricipated in 40 days for life while pregnant
...am growing in patience as Clare learns that screaming is her favorie form of communication
...took more pictures and video than I ever thought I would in my entire lifetime

I'm sure more will come to me, but that's a little bit of what my 25th year was like.

Thanks for another year God. You bless me in more ways than I can count.

No comments: