Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last night made me come to appreciate some things....

Here are a few things I love about my faith.

I thought I'd share.



1. 2000 years unbroken. We don't have any gaps in our history, the Holy Spirit has been guiding us along the same path (the path Christ gave us) for 2000 years.



2. I love these words, "You are Rock, and upon this Rock I will build my Church and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it."



3. I love that faith and reason are to go hand in hand. You can use your mind and your heart to glorify God because the Catholic faith makes sense!!!



4. I love the Eucharist. Christ in our Church, just like he said....until the end of the age.



5. I love the Bible and the fact that it is a product of Catholic Tradition. It didn't just pop out of thin air and King James didn't put it together!



6. I love that our sacraments are documented and they're the same from the beginning. I guess that goes with tradition, but it's also cool on its own.



7. I have more than emotion or blind faith to back up my religion.



8. I can count on the saints to pray for me. What great examples!



9. With the Catholic faith there is always an answer. I just have to go find it.



10. I'm so glad we have the Pope and Bishops and Priests. Where would we be without them? Thank you awesome priests and thank you awesome seminarians who are going to be there someday!




The conversion story of a former protestant pastor.
Read it here!!

No comments: