Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Waiting....


So .....she's 4 days late now. She was supposed to be born on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec. 12th). Interesting factoid about the image of our Lady of Guadalupe: in the image she is wearing an aztec maternity belt to show that she's pregnant! Cool huh?
Just like me....I guess Mary wouldn't have had a specific due date to look towards when she was giving birth. Or maybe she just knew that Jesus would come out at exactly 9 months 'cuz the Son of God probably wouldn't be tardy. Ah, who knows. Mother Mary please pray for my patience.
I can't say I've ever wanted to feel bodily pain in my life....but going against all survival instincts I am really wanting the pain of contractions to start up. At least, everyone says they're going to be painful. C'mon baby! So prayers for baby to come soon would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not be induced, which may be the case if she's not out by Friday.


There are a few reasons I'd rather not be induced:

1. My doctor will be on vacation.

2. Artificial administration of oxytocin usually means fast, painful, full force contractions instead of a gradual build up to them.

3. There's not even a guarantee that I'd be induced on Friday. I guess we have to request days and it's possible that I may be denied Friday, so it may have to happen next week! Being in the hospital on Christmas would be pretty lame.


Ah, but what a lesson for advent eh?

Patience people. I read so many of my friends' blogs saying that parenting is a time when you learn to give up control because you realize that you didn't have it anyways. So I guess it's time to start realizing that now. You think with all the surprises in life I'd have learned that already. Ha ha! Oh well, time to learn God's time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I'm sure you know everything happens for a reason! I remember waiting for Avila and having the fear of being induced hanging over my head. It was only when I fully let go of all my fears that she finally came! (A week late might I add.) But looking back I wouldn't have it any other way. Although she missed a lot of very cool days she could've been born on, the Sunday morning she was born on was Latare Sunday in Lent (The Sunday of Joy). Plus, first born daughtes are known for their stubborness!And don't worry about getting oxytocin if you have to. I had it and it wasn't as bad as I thought. (Just make sure to request it over pitocin!) You will be in our prayers as the birth of your daughter approaches.!

The Herring family said...

I had 8 hours of pitocin before contractions started. And yes, once they started it was fast and very painful, but labor's no cake walk no matter what way you do it, so I'd do it again. We love you and are praying for you!