Sunday, June 04, 2006

Yet another interview....

So I've had a pretty awesome weekend so far. It's really amazing how God's been taking care of me. I had no idea how I was going to get to my interview, where I was going to stay, where I was going afterwards and it all worked out in a matter of minutes. I got a ride from a coworker, the parish put me up at a nice hotel nearby, I took a cab to the interview (also paid for) got to spend some time with Beth, and I'm now spending time with Janet.

So Friday I got to the hotel, took a bubble bath, relaxed a bit, had great Val pampering time. This morning I got up early, packed up, and took a cab to St. Monica's. My cab driver was really nice and he was telling me all about how Vancouver is his favorite city. I got to St. Monica's and I found the adoration chapel right away, it was the first door I tried. I thought it was the entrance to the church, but it was the entrance to the adoration chapel and as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by Jesus! Yeah I hat about 40 minutes to spend with Jesus saying rosary and doing the St. Bridgets before my interview. It was time well spent. I think the interview went pretty well. It is a solid solid parish. MI, Knights of Columbus, Legion of Mary, Friends of the Needy, Respect for Life group, NFP etc...the list goes on. It was pretty darned exciting. I'm praying for all these parishes.

After that I was picked up by my friend Beth and we went to the Qwest field expo for Rite Aid and picked up cool samples of all sorts of health and beauty stuff for 3 hours. It was fun.

I then transferred to Janet in Seattle. We hung out at a friend's house who was having a Pentecost party, ate some great food. Then off to Island County for a few margaritas at Applebees.

Tomorrow....bbq and last mass of the year up at NCCM. Woohoo!

UIOGD

2 comments:

andrew said...

sounds like fun, trekking around for interviews. and all i get to do is sit around in my office.

what were you doing, last year at this time?

Liz said...

hey val,
this is liz from prem dan... i finally started my own blog so that i can feel as cool as you, lisa, and andrew. :) have a wonderful day!