Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Argh!!!

So I'm assuming all of today's events are a sign that something good is about to happen with my visit to St. Walburga's and the start of my new job shortly after that.

First "argh!" moment today occurred when the ticket I was trying to reserve (the bargain priced one) disappeared while I was reserving it. I had to go for the slightly higher priced one for a flight later in the day. While I was booking that one, my mastercard was declined, twice! Yep. Had to use my mom's card. The good news is that I'm booked now! Concrete, I will be going to St. Walurga's I have the itinerary and confirmation.

Second, after coming home from a wonderful evening at my sister's spent with my super cute niece and nephew I went to check the mail and got my bank statement. I checked my bank statement to find that $200 had been stolen from my account. It was stolen the day after I got back from the West Coast Trail on Father's day. I apparently made a $200 withdrawal from an ATM in Vancouver that day......that's pretty hard to do when all I recall doing is going to a Father's day picnic, sleeping, and going to adoration and mass. Argh....

So let's hope that the bank has some hopeful news for me tomorrow. I wonder what other sorts of trials are coming my way....heh. St. Michael the Archangel.......

Thinking about it now, this could have been a lot worse. I mean I had so much grace over the weekend, what with confession and mass and the blessings from the 2 new priests and Jacob's baptism and all the praying that went on this weekend. Not to mention the fatty benedictine crucifix I'm wearing. I mean I think I'm pretty well guarded, so this could have been a lot worse. My friend was also saying that this could have been a result of all of that grace. You know, spiritual attacks to help me lose that grace. So I suppose I should be thankful to God for the trials and thankful that it isn't worse than it is. Hmm....patience and trust in Divine Providence right?

UIOGD

2 comments:

Seminarian said...

totally lame about your bank card. Have fun in colorado.

young-philothea said...

hahah val that post gave me confirmation that it's God's will for you to go. I had the similar hindrances before going, but God really taught me to trust in His Divine Providence and He made sure that I go. so patience my friend hehe oh and heck yea i'm there for sushi tonight!