Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A reflection...

So I went back up to the Abbey today. Gosh I love that place. It was the Solemnity of St. Benedict so we got to have bendiction and sing special stuff for vespers. It was neat to see Fr. Abbot in his Abbot-wear. Hat, meiter, the works. He looked like a bishop, but I think that's the way Benedictine Abbeys are. Something about stability to their abbey. In any case. After vespers K, D, and I got to hang out with Fr. Abbot a bit. He blessed my large Benedictine crucifix and gave us all bits from his morning reflections. He picked out parts from what he was reading and gave them to us on cards. They're from the letters of St. Benedict. This was mine from Letter 309

"everything lies in the intention: how we can sanctify the smallest things, transform the most ordinary actions of life into divine actions! A soul who lives in union with God does nothing that is not supernatural, and the most common actions, instead of separating her from Him, on the contrary draw her even nearer. Let us live like that..."

I don't really understand my excitement. It's like I'm on a Benedictine high or something. I just can't get enough of it. I don't know if it's that place, or if its the order and life itself. I hope I'm not just being naive and young. We'll see how it goes. Something is definately drawing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!