Saturday, March 25, 2006

A week full of goodbyes and see you laters.....

This has been a funny week. It started off with a send off from St. Luke's and a social down in the youth room. Monday I went to a rosary prayer service with the monastic life girls. On Tuesday we trekked it out to the Abbey to see Fr. Abbot before I took off. Wendesday....what the heck did I do on Wednesday? Nothing I think. Thursday was my last day babysitting my cutie niece. Friday I spent the entire day with D. photocopying all my music and teaching mass parts and various songs for Sunday and then went to a Sayonara Party for our Japanese exchange student and then chatted with my seminarian friend on Google Talk for a good long time about college memories. Didn't like getting up early this morning after that long talk! Today has been a really neat day so far. It's the Solemnity of the Annunciation, it's my sister's wedding anniversary, they had their house blessed today, and I just recently found out that I'm getting kidnapped by my monastic-life retreat girls for mass and coffee or something afterwards. Then I'll most likely be dropped off at home a few minutes before my boys come to pick me up to leave for the United States again. Full, full, full. I did learn another neat fact today from Fr. Craig Scott (the priest who blessed my sis' house). Because it's a Solemnity today, you treat it like a Sunday. So you're not bound to your lenten committments today because of the
celebratory nature of the day! Good day to get your house blessed and get married guys. Man I'm going to miss being part of this diocese. You should realize how blessed you are to have priests this good and activities this solid. The Church in Vancouver is blessed with so much grace and strength. Take advantage of it for me! Pray for Seattle!!!
I know I'm not going to see many of you for a little while so know that you'll be missed. To J.J. if I end up not coming next week, I'll see you in Northern Colorado or back in the guest cottage :) And if not there, then whenever I get off my butt and see the other side of the country. Au revoir, sayonara, adios, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, adeus, and goodbye.....nah. See you later. Oh, and I'll still be blogging. So really, it's like I'll be there with you guys anyways.

3 comments:

Seminarian said...

Told you I read this.

Anonymous said...

And if not there, then I dare you to see the Benedictines in Quebec... or Paris
J.J.J.

DP said...

Well, the bloggosphere shrinks in on the world. I just was talking to a dear friend of mine from St. Luke's who said she went up to the Abbey last weekend with a friend from her parish to talk with Fr. Abbot. Too bad you're moving otherwise I'd say we'd have to meet sometime.

I went on the retreat up there in the Fall. Pretty intense eh? Ok, maybe that was just my experience. Nonetheless, this whole discernment thing isn't so easy.

Have fun in the states!