Saturday, April 01, 2006

First week

Oh wow....I'm soooooo tired. It was a really full week of training. I'm quite sad because we didn't finish until late this afternoon so I wasn't able to go check out the JPII blessed monstrance and head up to see the Sisters of Life. I would just go up now, but I have a rehearsal for the Passion Play tomorrow. Oh and for those of you who want to go, it's next weekend. There are three showings, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I believe they're all at 7pm. If you want to know more about location etc. drop me a line and I'll get the info for you.

So here's the interesting thing about the camp that I work at....it's CYO. It's sort of affiliated with the Seattle Archdiocese, and it says it's Catholic....but it's pretty mild. I'm excited to have mass every week with the Catholic school kids though, that should be cool. So yeah....my staff seems pretty nice, I don't think we've quite bonded yet. Personally I'm having a bit of a difficult time adjusting because it's not the solid loud Catholics I'm used to and the forest programming is run differently than I'm used to. But fortunately all the content I'll be teaching is the same and the people I'm working with are nice. Basically I spend lots of my prayer time praying for their conversions. If you could do so as well I'm sure we'll see lots of progress. I got them to sing a Christian song last night while we were jamming on the guitar and they liked it.....slow progress, but it's exciting. Anyhow, I miss my family, I miss my parish, I miss my niece, and I miss my piano.....other than that things are going well. I'm sure once the kids get there on Wednesday things will start flying and it will be awesome. Thanks for the prayers, I really am feeling them even though this whole blog sounds like complaining. Oh and the reason I'm not blogging so much is because the internet access out there is limited and kinda touchy....so I'll probably only be blogging on weekends.

2 comments:

Seminarian said...

let me know who else is on staff.

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog site through Shelley's. I'll be praying for your discernment process.

Nick