Friday, April 14, 2006

Randomly turning on CNN

Okay, I was at Joy's house today and before digging into our ordered sushi my dad turned the tv to CNN (because he's addicted to the news) and guess what was on? Larry King was interviewing 2 Catholic Priests, 2 Evangelical Pastors, and a guy that's going to be on this new reality tv show called "God or the Girl". They segment was described in the little reader window at the bottom of the screen as " a debate on celibacy and the priesthood and the new controversial show God or the Girl." Something like that anyways. So this show is going to be pretty much amazing. It's on A&E starting Easter Sunday evening. It follows the lives of 4 guys (who I feel like I know, 'cuz a bunch of my friends have lived what they're doing) who are discerning the Catholic priesthood, or married life. I guess at the end of the show some of the will probably end up in seminary. It's pretty sweet. It's funny the guy from the show that was being interviewed on Larry King lives in a house at his College with 9 Catholic guys and they call it "Fort Zion". Something tells me it's probably not too different than the Xavier house. But anyways that's really cool and if you want more info on it you can check out the website for the show. http://www.godorthegirl.com

I also went to Holy Thursday mass today at my home parish. Gosh I love St. Luke's . We received the Eucharist under both species by intinction today, no spoon, just Fr. dipping the host, but still cool, and really cool that we could receive kneeling. After mass Father processed the Eucharist to the Altar of Repose ( I can't remember if that's the proper name) and then we started adoration which would continue until midnight. Pretty sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha that show seems to create a lot of ruckus. but i think it's a good thing. at least they're creating awareness. looking forward to watching it.

Anonymous said...

cont...funny thing is too w/ (ahem) Mr. McArthur, is that i can't believe what he said about homosexuals, just proves that you cannot live on bible alone. because misinterpretations like that is a very dangerous thing and for someone with that mindset, it makes it difficult for him to "love" everyone like Christ loved us all. i guess the best way is to pray for him.
another thought tho: if Mr. McArthur did come to the light and open his mind up to the catholic church and it's teachings, he would make a really really good apologetic like scott hahn or patrick madrid and even Dr. Kreeft hehe

Anonymous said...

I've been watching it and loving almost all of it. I'll definitely be in front of a tv on Sunday at 10 for the finale. They make me think of guys I know too, especially Dan.

P.S. I love how we get excited about receiving while kneeling :).

-joanna