Sunday, April 09, 2006

Passion Sunday

Well we did three performances of the Passion "Prayer" (rather than play) this weekend at the tri-churches in the northwest corner. They went really well. The best performance was tonight's at St. Joe's. The cast stepped up tonight, emotions were running high, the mics and sound system were perfect, it was just great. Perfect way to start Holy Week. I'm so glad to be working for the Archdiocese, I get the whole week off and paid. So right now I'm at home relaxing. Mom came and picked me up after our last performance. It was so wonderful to sing with Monica and Fred again. Monica and I talked about getting the moving music ministry thing started up again. I think it's time to start thinking of ways to advertise our services to the Seattle and Vancouver Archdioceses. Music for Retreats, Reconciliation services, Weddings, Plays, Funerals and other special occaisions.
From the work side....we got our first group of schools in for Environmental Ed. This Wednesday. It was really fun. Incredibly exhausting, but fun. My day starts out getting up at 7am to get my teaching materials together and do my lauds. Then it's nonstop until 4:30 for an hour and a half break/ get your evening teaching materials together and then go until around 10:15. It's great fun though. This week was a short 3-day week. The week after Easter we only have one tiny school that's bringing up 14 kids, so that will be an easy chillax week. After that we're booked to max capacity with around 130 students plus teachers and chaperones every week until June. That's going to be nuts. Thank goodness for the 3 day weekends they give us.
Funny story...so the camp that I work at has this climbing wall. But in order to make it inaccessable to kids if they're not supervised they have this rope ladder which leads up to the actual wall which they can take down and lock up when the climbing wall is closed. As part of our staff training we learned how to bilay people who were using the wall and got a chance to use the wall ourselves. I've never been on a climbing wall before....but dang I didn't think I'd be this bad. I literally could not get from the rope net/ladder thingy to the wall. I probably tried for a good 10 minutes and got really frustrated. It must have been pretty funny to watch. In any case, I may try to use any free opportunity I get to defeat this wall. I just want to get on the wall by the end of the season. Ha ha!
From my spiritual life standpoint. I'm doing alright. Morning lauds and compline are really helping me out. The chapel out there is really cool. No Jesus reserved, which is sad, but probably a good thing considering the chapel is often used like any other shelter at camp. Aside from that the acoustics in the building are amazing and it's just a simple and beautiful building. It's great for chanting the office. You ladies should come out sometime and join me :) And..yeah that's all for now. Kinda tired. I'm home for the week! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey if ur free tonight (monday) comtemplative rosary, same time (7:30pm)same place. be there. hehe

andrew said...

Tom Wright says that "the mystery, the secret, one might almost say the
cunning, of the deep love of God" is that "it is bound to draw to itself
the hatred and pain and shame and anger and bitterness and rejection of the world."

Thank God for this horrible, holy week.